divendres, 19 de novembre del 2010

Why is saying sorry so hard?


Talking about themes that get in my way quite often is something I used to do a lot in last year's blog. And I thought why not do it again when it worked out well?
So it happened that these last days some of my friends got into a fight and asked me for advice, saying after the fight that they felt really bad and asking what they should do now. I said that if they really feel bad for things they said they should just go and apologize, but I believe they haven't yet.

I'm asking myself why it's so hard for people to say sorry. I mean, it's just a word. I'd say that, on one hand, it's pride. Sometimes we know we're wrong and get into a fight for our oppinion anyway. Saying sorry afterwards means admitting in front of other people that we were wrong and that's hard for many people. On the other hand, I believe that people are not able to apologize when they believe strongly that they are right, even if they feel bad for fighting with people they like because of that. They don't want people to think they are weak in their believings and so they wait for the other one to apologize (who usually thinks and does the same).

Don't get me wrong, it's also hard for me to apologize sometimes. But don't you think we should be able to admit that we were wrong if we really were? Or just show that we feel bad for making a friend angry, even if we believe that we are right with our oppinion? I think relationships with people we like are more important than our oppinion about sometimes stupid things. So, go on and say sorry for good!

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada